Old April 18th 08, 02:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Maynard

Default Goodbye to Garmin's Weather Monopoly

On 2008-04-18, Jay Honeck wrote:
Garmin has never had a monopoly on the weather. AnywhereMap has had
it on their solution for years.

True enough. But as far as an all-in-one box, Garmin was it.

Will the others interface with my GNS430W? (At least as well as the 496
does.) Do the others provide XM radio? (My roommate is addicted to XM 164; I
am, too, but expect that it'll be hard to follow a story with ATC traffic
cutting in frequently.)
--
Jay Maynard, K5ZC http://www.conmicro.com
Fairmont, MN (FRM) (Yes, that's me!)