Old November 22nd 18, 06:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Rich Owen[_2_]

Default Contest Wait List

As the Co Contest Manager of the Seniors and a friend and fellow Director of the SSA with Burno Vassel, we are comparing apples with oranges. The Seniors is a social contest of very competitive pilots. We have had a third of our contest that have been national champions with one or two world champions. I have never flown at Nephi but I enjoy Bruno’s videos. He is growing the sport and trying his best to support all glider pilots. At Seminole-Lake Gliderport we are trying to do the same. For 28 years we have provided a competitive environment and an experience that many look forward to. Nephi does not use pilot ranking to exclude pilots in their event because it is not a race. The Seniors is a race that uses ranking to get the very best in the competition. We support different groups of soaring pilots to provide a very different experience. Do not forget the outstanding Sailplane Grand Prix run by Sean Fidler and his wife Tiffany that Seminole-Lake Gliderport has supported over the last two years. This is the North American qualifier for the World Sailplane Grand Prix and the only chance for a US pilot to fly under FAI rules. Throughout the US we have multiple contests/events put on by clubs and commercial operators to provide an environment for our pilots to safely explore the limits of their ability. Our pilot customers should jump for joy to have the choice to fly in varied formats that the organizers goal is for everyone to have a great time! Please fly in events that best fits your desires. Neph, Sailplane Grand Prix and the Seniors have been fully subscribed over the years so you can be assured these events are well run. Wether you want to be on the US Soaring Team and represent the US in a WGC event or fly the furthest in your soaring life, we can fulfill your desires. Please join Bruno, Sean & Tiffany Fidler, Virginia Thompson and I in celebrating the experience we call soaring! Hope to see you in the spring.

Rich Owen
ZO