Old February 17th 05, 05:51 AM
Roger Worden

Interesting. What's the date on your PTS? Mine, dated 1999 and downloaded
from the FAA, does not have an item 1 and 2. It has a single unnumbered
paragraph containing the text shown in your number 1.

"T o d d P a t t i s t" wrote in message
"Roger Worden" wrote:

Where in the PTS does it say land without reference to the altimeter? I
don't see it. I think that's a Bronze requirement, but not in the PTS. I

was
asked to do it on my PPG practical... much to my surprise! I had never

done
it before but nailed it.

See 2 below:

X. AREA OF OPERATION: EMERGENCY OPERATIONS
A. TASK: SIMULATED OFF-AIRPORT LANDING
REFERENCES: Soaring Flight Manual, Glider Flight Manual.
NOTE: This landing will be performed at an established
airport.
Objective. To determine that the applicant:
1. Exhibits knowledge of the elements related to a simulated
off-airport landing, including selection of a suitable
landing area and the procedures used to accomplish an
off-airport landing.
2. Performs a simulated off-airport landing without the use
of an altimeter.