Old May 10th 05, 04:14 AM
Matt Barrow

"W P Dixon" wrote in message
Teaching your son is very cool! I give mine pointers all the time , mostly
in rifles. But he is getting the handgun itch pretty bad. He aspires to be

Marine Sniper...so I have to pass on what I can as an old coach. Hope he
takes it all in , may save his life one day.

I have two boys and a girl and all started shooting before they were seven
years old. They learned discipline, self-control, hand-eye coordination,
responsibility, etc.

All three took to different aspects and none really do they shooing sports,
but my oldest, Michael, (25 on May 25th, a Navy Lt(jg)) is awesome with a
rifle. My #2 son (23) does things with a pistol makes me drool. My daughter
(20) doesn't shoot unless I take her, but she's incredible at Sporting
Clays. Her reflexes are phenomenal. I bought her a Beretta AL-391 20ga Youth
model for her 18th birthday, but she won't clean it (manicure, ya' know),
nor will she run the reloader...ah, women. :~)