Old August 27th 08, 02:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nyal Williams[_2_]

Default Boy Who Flew With Condors - Dick Johnson? Other Comments

At 13:11 27 August 2008, wrote:

* Can a 1-26 really thermal away from an auto tow behind a Model T on
a 200 foot rope? =A0Can you actually stand up-right immediately
following a 5 hour flight in a 1-26? =A0;-) =A0Ahhh, that's Hollywood

for
you.

Thanks, John

I once thermalled away from a 300 ft auto tow in a 1-26

He was young!

I did 6:49 in a TG-3A to complete the silver badge and could hardly stand
up at the end of that, but I was pushing 40 at the time. A 1-26 is more
comfortable than the plank seat of the TG.