Old April 18th 16, 03:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Soartech

Default AOA indicator

A single probe can provide AoA, airspeed, static, and total energy, it just needs more holes and tubing. Better yet, discard the tubing, put all of the electronics and sensors in the probe, send the data to the cockpit via Bluetooth.

While it's true this can be done these days it will require thousands of man-hours of expensive engineering time. You will end up with something like the Garmin AOA system which is like $1400. My idea was to use a very small vane that has negligable drag and low cost electronics with a much lower price to the pilot so that more people will actually own it. This entire discussion has been very helpful to me and am now considering adding the audio tone option for use on landing approach.