Old January 11th 04, 01:14 AM
Stu Gotts

Look into putting a filter or a capacitor on the mags. Look at the
condition of the engine ground strap. Check to see the radio is
properly grounded from the tray to the frame.

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 17:21:12 -0500, "Eugene Wendland"
wrote:

I just installed a Michel TKM MX 11r which is a direct slide-in replacement
for my Narco 120 Comm. Because I have an intercom, I had to add a resistor
to the circuit board. Having done this, I installed the radio in the old
Narco tray and tested the radio:

Findings:

1/ Comm works great with just power on.
2/ With engine (lycoming O-320 with new mag leads) on at low r.p.m.s, the
received audio has interference (very garbled).
3/ Once the r.p.m's increase to about 1500 and beyond, the recieved
transmissions seem great.

Because TKM is closed, I haven't called the tech rep about this, but could
anyone tell me what's happening? Everything else about the Comm seems to be
working well. My transmissions to the tower are 5 squared. My Narco didn't
do this, so I'm assuming there's something wrong with the radio.

Thanks

Eugene Wendland