Old November 2nd 09, 08:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
vaughn[_2_]

Default Difficulty in posting to r.a.s.

"jsbrake" wrote in message
Good ones a

Windows: Free Agent http://www.forteinc.com/
Linux: Pan http://pan.rebelbase.com/

Both are free, so just download, set up and play.

I briefly checked out Forte, it's no longer free. They give a short-
period trial of their software.

If you have a Windoze box, you probably already have Outlook Express. I
know some turn up their nose at it, but it works just fine for me. For free
access to an NNTP server, try
http://www.eternal-september.org/ See my sig for other possibilities.
-
Vaughn

.................................................. .......
Nothing personal, but if you are posting through Google Groups I may not
receive
your message. Google refuses to control the flood of spam messages
originating
in their system, so on any given day I may or may not have Google blocked.
Try
a real NNTP server & news reader program and you will never go back. All
you
need is access to an NNTP server (AKA "news server") and a news reader
program.
You probably already have a news reader program in your computer (Hint:
Outlook
Express). Assuming that your Usenet needs are modest, use
http://www.cnntp.org/
and/or, http://news.aioe.org/ and/or http://www.motzarella.org/ and/or
https://www.x-privat.org/index.php for free, and/or
http://www.teranews.com/ for a one-time $3.95 setup fee. Newsguy,
http://www.newsguy.com/ offers a variety of reasonably priced services. If
you
wish to experiment with real Usenet access, they will give you a free 2-day
trial account.