Old May 20th 10, 10:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

Default Disk vs Drum on Trailer

On May 20, 2:30*pm, Tony wrote:
Youve already sent me your 10 commandments Paul. *But I think I'm
going to go with hydraulic so that I don't have to worry about
maintaining a battery for break away and so anyone can hook up and
pull the trailer.

Hydraulic can be just fine; I've got hydraulic brakes on my whale
trailer.
Its got plenty of miles on it (though not in the last decade) !
Make sure you can find a light enough actuator (surge tongue assembly)
for your application; most are intended for heavier trailer weights...

See ya, Dave