Old March 11th 06, 05:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Bob Hoover

"Peter Duniho" wrote in
:

"Skywise" wrote in message
What I do is examine my browser cache while the SWF file is loading.
It's easy to see which file it is as, if you are doing nothing else
online, it's the only fiel getting bigger. Then, just copy it out
of the cache and save it as whatever file name you like. I do it all
the time.

Another way to grab the file is to view the HTML source and find the
reference to the file, then create a dummy HTML document with a link to
that document (it'll read something like a href="[link]"click
here/a, where [link] is replaced by the actual link). In IE, you
don't even need a valid HTML header or anything...just put the link, and
it'll display correctly. Then you can right-click and use "Save Target
As..." to save the file.

Snipola

Oh yes. I've done that too. I suggest then using my method of cache
hunting only when the page source option doesn't work, like when
everything is run through java script.

Brian
Sed quis custodiet ipsos Custodes?