Old May 11th 20, 06:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
5Z

Default Boy Who Flew With Condors - Dick Johnson? Other Comments

On Wednesday, April 29, 2020 at 12:34:22 PM UTC-7, Mike Finegan wrote:
That was SO cool! I remember as a kid seeing another Disney show about
gliding- probably made later (I think Blaniks featured). It had more dialogue-
sort of followed a family who had a gliding business- anyone know that one?

Ross - believe you are referring to Call To Glory, a TV series featuring Craig
T. Nelson as an Air Force Colonel and included a young Elisabeth Shue as his
daughter, who took flying lessons in a Blanik.

The Blanik movie had something to do with diamond smuggling. There was an article in Soaring mag about it. Only thing I recall is that there was a stunt involving some inverted flight. Camera guy in the back seat snagged his belt with equipment, so ended up smashed against the canopy, but never mentioned it to the pilot in the front seat.

Terrible plot.

Fun fact about Craig T.: He and family came to Tehachapi to get some rides. His wife loved it, but he was visibly scared and declined the offer, so his wife took a second ride.

5Z