Old November 5th 08, 10:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe

Default Spot Landings

"Ol Shy & Bashful" wrote in message
Can you land to a spot within 100' of the designated spot without
power? If not you should do some serious practice or get some good
training until you can. What happened to the old time spot landing
contests that were taking place regularly on weekends?
It appears that Pilot Proficiency has gone down the tubes in favor of
technology.

Now? Prob'ly not - I'm way too rusty. Back when I was active? Sheeit yes.
Piece of cake. 'course I was flying a taildragger which makes it real easy
if you don't mind doing wheelies.

Dunno that this is anything new. 30+ years ago, I used hand out at the
airport and watch the local flight school Cherokees floating down to at
least midfield again and again.

--
Geoff
The Sea Hawk at Wow Way d0t Com