Old February 11th 18, 06:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
chuck[_3_]

Default Worried about a leading edge crack in the fiberglass wing laminate ofmy PW-5

The crack is deep enough to show the square pattern of the underlying fiberglass cloth layer

If you’re just seeing the outer layer of glass, that by itself might not be a structural issue.
Having said that, if you have a crack significant enough to see the glass underneath I think I’d get a knowledgeable person to inspect it. They might want to remove paint for a better look at the local area. What part of the country are you located?