Old July 31st 19, 05:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

Default More sad news

On Tuesday, July 30, 2019 at 5:50:11 PM UTC-7, Dan Daly wrote:
Kirk, with respect, are you holding your breath for all those club gliders to get Flarm? ADSB is CLEARLY the 'way to go' for best traffic awareness in the USA.

Traffic awareness=head down in cockpit looking at a screen (ADS-B). Aural warning of conflicting traffic with direction=see and avoid (FLARM). Glider algorithms with few false alarms (FLARM). What development/testing of ADS-B in gliders has been done? How does it handle busy thermals?

What is unnerving is the number of targets that I get alerts that I never see, even knowing where to look.

Tom