Old November 17th 06, 02:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Doug Palmer

Default UV Smooth Prime

It isn't so much an issue of wanting to use so much as I have been using it
to prime surfaces over the last 5 years, the whole fuselage is primed, now
painted with the stuff, and I have two more (expensive) cans of the it and
am deciding whether or not to use them
"Marc J. Zeitlin" wrote in message
2001/2002 from Aircraft Spruce.

Let me ask you a question. Since there are a bazillion different primers
out there, and the ONLY one that anyone has ever complained about in
public with respect to painting composite aircraft is Smooth Prime, even
if the failure rate is relatively low (let's say 5% as a talking point,
although I personally know 5-7 COZY builders who've had problems with it,
so in the COZY community the %age is probably closer to 10%-20%), why
would you want to use a product where the failure rate is 5% rather than
one where the failure rate is 0.01%?

--
Marc J. Zeitlin
http://www.cozybuilders.org/