Old June 29th 17, 01:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

Default ASW19/20 Canopy strut

On Thursday, June 29, 2017 at 6:26:40 AM UTC-4, Jim Kellett wrote:
On Wednesday, June 28, 2017 at 9:06:05 PM UTC-4, wrote:
My strut is finally flat. Time to change it. . . .

Have you replaced this before? If not, be forewarned be aware that it's incredibly challenging to get at the thing . . . we wound up employing a very well equipped and creative "MacGuyver-type" mechanic who managed to improvise some new "tools" to get at the attach points, buried out of reach in the nose.

This is a 60 - 90 minute job, not particularly difficult unless you make it so.

The rod end stays in the glider!!!

Many tips posted on r.a.s. (search...), ASW-20 & ASW-27 yahoo groups.

best,
Evan Ludeman / T8