Old March 15th 07, 04:23 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Tom Callahan

Default C-130 on final approach

I got about ten photos of this aircraft as it flew past. They did about
three landings. I only photographed it once 'cause I was supposed to be
working in the yard.
I also got shots of an F-15, a T-6 III, some ospreys and an egret. Oh, I
did weed and spread mulch, Tom

"Hub & Diane Plott" wrote in message
Thanks to all for the info!
"Les Matheson" wrote in message
You are correct. An MC-130E "Combat Talon I" now flown exclusively by
the
711th SOS, 919th SOW, USAFR , Duke Field (Eglin Aux Fld #3), FL. The
radome holds two antennas, one terrain avoidance, and one for the terrain
following radars. The four bolts were the attachment points for the
Fulton
Recovery System "whiskers" which were removed from all the aircraft in
1999.
Until recently, both the 8th SOS, 1st SOW and the 711th flew the E model.
The 8th SOS now is back at Hurlburt Field as the first operational CV-22
Squadron.

Have "several" hours in one of these myself.

Nice picture.

Les

"Papa Fox" wrote in message
Combat Talon ?

On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 17:48:44 -0400, "Hub & Diane Plott"
wrote:

What is this particular version with the large proboscis?
"Tom Callahan" wrote in

message
news

Attached Thumbnails