Old March 28th 16, 12:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

Default Double Release Failure on Tow

When I did double release failure practice, we used the low tow position, fear on the high two was we would over run/fly the tow plane.

On Sunday, March 27, 2016 at 9:21:15 PM UTC-7, wrote:
Not this again! Yer gonna die!

Seriously, after signals are exhanged, and within a very conservative glide of the field (like overhead) open the brakes, fly normal high tow position and wheel land. Use brakes sparingly to only keep the rope taught and not run over it. The odds of a tug being able to stop more rapidly than a glider are small, short of the tug ground looping or other wreckery.