Old July 9th 20, 08:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
okko kloosterman[_2_]

Default Dittel KRT2 disfunction

Later on I succeeded to solve this problem by changing the microphone
setting to "automatic", which tests the (dynamic) mike before
transmitting. Since then this phenomena didn't occur anymore.
By the way, my KRT2 actually is of the 2nd generation (the type with a
colour display)...

Okko

Op 8-7-2020 om 15:59 schreef :
Op woensdag 24 augustus 2016 21:45:40 UTC+2 schreef okko kloosterman:
Last week, after a few months of proper functioning, the new KRT2 radio
I have installed this spring suddenly stopped transmitting. Pressing the
PTT button makes it send a carrier wave, but without any modulation. The
receiving section is OK, though.
Anyone run into the same problem? Any hints about the probable cause?
Thanks, Okko (Netherlands)

We have the same. Ans some club members experience this problem too. Before transmitting, we switch the radio off and on again. Then the radio transmits again for a while. De KRT2 2nd edition seems not to have this problem.