Old August 9th 12, 05:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air
Mxsmanic

Default Alaska Airlines still doesn't care about safety

JohnT writes:

But the FAA said it was safe to fly.

The FAA approved the maintenance delays back in 2000, too. And look where that
led. Just because the FAA doesn't forbid something doesn't make it a good
idea. Alaska Airlines elected to cut corners out of a total lack of concern
for safety and pure greed, and apparently they are still doing it today.

And you haven't been outside Paris for the past 10 years so how does
it give you a problem?

Aviation safety is one of my interests. I don't limit my interest in safety to
situations that affect me personally; I worry about the safety of others as
well. Unfortunately, there aren't a lot of people like that (especially in
management at Alaska Airlines).