Old February 25th 16, 11:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]

Default TopMeteo Soaring Weather Now Available for United States Region

On Thursday, February 25, 2016 at 4:39:52 PM UTC-5, John Carlyle wrote:
Signed up for an account at TopMeteo.com, successfully got the maps. Upgraded SeeYou to 8.03, put in a task. Then put my username into the TopMeteo box, and it retrieved my account. But the data download only partially completed, then stopped with an error. Exited SeeYou, tried again, same result.

Is anyone else having this problem?

-John, Q3

PS - on TopMeteo.com the Site Forecast is in SI units, while the wind speed on the charts is in kts and the altitude is in feet. Does anyone know how to make the data consistently be in Imperial units?

On Thursday, February 25, 2016 at 11:56:14 AM UTC-5, wrote:
That was quick!!! SeeYou just issued version 8.03 and my above stated problems disappeared, thanks. Looks like this will become a new must-have tool for serious OLC pilots and contest tasking.
Herb

Signed up with topmeteo, upgraded seeyou, and restarted. Then, went into topmeteo, filled out my location, and it popped up the weather.

I, too, wish for imperial measurements vs metric. In there somewhere...