Old August 24th 16, 09:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_5_]

Default Dittel KRT2 disfunction

On Wed, 24 Aug 2016 21:45:09 +0200, okko kloosterman wrote:

Last week, after a few months of proper functioning, the new KRT2 radio
I have installed this spring suddenly stopped transmitting. Pressing the
PTT button makes it send a carrier wave, but without any modulation. The
receiving section is OK, though.
Anyone run into the same problem? Any hints about the probable cause?
Thanks, Okko (Netherlands)

My then-new KRT2 did that when I first installed it in my glider, back in
early 2015. It went back to Germany on warranty and has been fine ever
since.

The problem seemed to be internal, somewhere between the microphone
amplifier and the RF section of the transmitter. I say this because the
unmodulated CW was quite strong and, when the radio was in MIC Setup
mode, I could see the signal level bar responding to speaking at or
tapping the microphone.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK