Old May 20th 05, 03:59 PM
ram

There is also a Boeing Store north of the Museum on E. Marginal. No reason
to go over the Renton. Have been doing some work at Boeing the last couple
of weeks. Drive by the Museum every day, but have not had a chance to stop
in yet. Did stop in at the Boeing Store yesterday. Typical clothing,
trinkets, toys and, of course, model planes. All over priced. But, of
course, I did make a purchase and will probably go back. Doing work for
Boeing, I feel like my wife would feel working for Hershey.

"Bob Gardner" wrote in message
Things have changed since Neil Gould's visit; the museum is continually
improving. The most notable change is the acquisition of the Champlin
Fighter Museum from Falcon Field in Mesa, AZ.

Not knowing whether you intended to park your plane near the museum I
tried to get some information....after fighting the telephone tree I was
switched to Security, and got one of those "Sorry we missed you..."
messages.

Talked to a museum docent today (flew as a B29 crewmember over Japan) and
he suggested that you park in the lot south of the museum, go to the
fighter display first, then to the Red Barn, then where your interests
take you. There are displays across Marginal Way from the Museum...I
haven't visited any of them yet.

The Boeing Surplus store won't score you any memorabilia, just worn-out
office equipment and various kinds of hardware. If you want Boeing stuff,
the best source is The Boeing Store (duh) at 6th and Park in Renton.

Being an airplane person, as opposed to a space person, I like the MofF
better than the Air and Space Museum on the Mall in DC...it leans heavily
on space with a nod to airplanes. Haven't been to Wright-Patterson yet.

There is an admission fee at the MofF.

Bob Gardner

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
We're flying to Seattle this weekend aboard the "executive mail tube,"
sadly. Gotta be at my nephew's wedding, and just can't trust that the
weather will cooperate enough for us to fly Atlas over the mountains on a
schedule.

(Although we just had husband & wife guests at the inn who were flying a
gorgeous 1940 Meyers OTW open-cockpit biplane -- at 80 mph -- all the way
from Oregon to Michigan! They landed at KIOW at sunset, after departing
Wyoming at sunrise... Boy, were they COLD and tired!)

We're planning on going to the Museum of Flight on Saturday morning (not
too early...the stag party is the night before!) -- can anyone post a
PIREP on this museum? What's not to miss, what's worth skipping. I
expect we'll have far less than a full day to see it, and I want to make
sure to hit the "high points"....

Also, any unique aviation "stuff" available for sale at the museum? You
know, stuff we can only get there, not at every tent in the Fly Market at
OSH? We're always "on the prowl" for artwork and memorabilia for the
hotel.

Thanks in advance!
--
Jay Honeck