Old March 23rd 14, 09:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default To Pawnee or not to Pawnee...that is the question...

All this talk of horsepower ... I've never towed with anything other than a 150hp Super Cub and a 150hp Citabria and they got the job done from 1500' altitude fields off 2500' grass strips, even with two place glass. I've enjoyed being towed by Pawnees but as others have noted, the only real difference from the quiet end of the rope was the initial ground roll. More horses are nice but not really necessary at low altitude ... in fact they used to tow at one of my clubs with a Tiger Moth!