Old May 9th 04, 02:25 AM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Teacherjh" wrote in message

Than what? I don't want ASR, I want ASR services. Not the same.

Where you find ASR you tend to find ASR services.

If it takes three seconds to find an airport on the sectional and
determine whether or not there is ASR, and you have to do it
seven times (because an airport without an (R) could still get
services), then it takes twenty one seconds to determine
whether services are available at your airport that doesn't have
an (R) but has an airport with an (R) near it, or that it doesn't,
because you can't find an airport with an (R) anywhere near the
airport without the (R) at which you intend to land.

Twenty-one is greater than three.

Where'd you pull those numbers from? It takes me a fraction of a second to
determine an airport has ASR.

Exploring the idea, and still not sure why I should even pay attention
to the (R) in the first place. I already don't pay attention to the (C).

The R tells you where ASR is located when there is no other indication.
Where you find ASR you find radar services. If you don't want radar
services there's no reason to pay any attention to the R.

I'm familar with radar.

Your messages suggest otherwise.

They answer.

You know they're there to be called because they answer when called? Sounds
rather circular.

Ok, now you know when I got my certificate.

I don't know that you have a certificate.

Yes, and this is why I didn't repeat them. But what do I get in an (R)?

It's questions like that suggest you're not familiar with radar.