Old October 30th 17, 03:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default trailer frame

Another thing to consider is the trailer CG, your mod will add weight to the aft end. When fitting out the trailer for my Albatross, I cut down an old 601 trailer by removing about 6' off the end. That made the tongue weight more than I could lift, so I added 50# of lead to the aft end.............that made the trailer sway side to side so bad that I was forced to remove the lead weight and get 2 people to lift the tongue! Recommend against adding any aft modifications.
JJ