Old January 2nd 08, 02:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Blueskies

Default flaps again

"Rich Ahrens" wrote in message et...

I had a complete electrical failure in a C177RG...

Same thing happened way back when while I was working on my CFII. The instructor was left seat and flying and I noticed
that the radios were dark. I wondered what he did, and then mentioned it. Fortunately for us it was day VFR, so we just
flew on in to the [airport traffic area] tower and watched for the light gun signals. Steady green and we landed. As we
rolled off the runway we went over an expansion joint that jostled the plane, and the power came back on. Turned out
after days of troubleshooting there was in intermittent contact in one of the electrical connectors...

What was the problem with your bird?