Old February 24th 20, 04:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AS

Default Cobra trailer tail skids

On Sunday, February 23, 2020 at 6:28:29 PM UTC-5, BobWa43 wrote:
Has anyone installed the Cobra trailer skids sold by Wings and Wheels? Any info on how to properly place the threaded backing plates is appreciated.

Bob - I had a Schreder trailer and the solid skids it came with originally wore off quickly. Instead of replacing them, installed small, high capacity caster wheels under each corner. It had a solid Aluminum floor and I used carriage bolts with a 3/8" thick backing plate underneath the floor. It worked great on those pesky gas station entries, when the trailer's tail is actually moving sideways while making contact with terra firma.

Uli
'AS'