Old July 13th 18, 03:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

Default Ventus 3F - Fatal

On Thursday, July 12, 2018 at 1:45:06 PM UTC-6, Jock Proudfoot wrote:
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/new-
mexico/articles/2018-07-11/albuquerque-man-dies-in-glider-crash-
near-moriarty-airport

Renny was a good friend to soaring and the SSA. We communicated often and he frequently checked in with Denise at the office. He served a year as an SSA Director at Large and was a member of the Editorial Advisory Committee.. I found him to be an excellent public speaker and tried to get him to do more of that in support of soaring.

My condolences to his friends and family.

Frank Whiteley, SSA Director, Region 9