Old April 18th 20, 03:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Record height for a winch launch?

So not my story but one of our pilots was giving a winch ride to a elderly woman ( 86 or so) first flight ever, when we had a wire break at 800 feet. It was a resonable day with 4-5 knot thermals, and he says out loud "I think I can save it" and she says "do the best you can". Well he managed to do a climb to 3-4k agl and they had a hour flight before landing. She exclaimed after landing She was glad she didnt die after that! Its all about your mindset and syntax 😝😝😝