Old May 7th 05, 02:13 AM
Matt Barrow

"EL" wrote in message
m...
Although I realize this is oversimplifying a complex issue, what you state

actually is not true at least in the USA.

Under law, a corporation is considered an entity unto itself. It has been

established by statute & precedent that
corporations have a number of rights, free speech being one of the better

known ones.

ANd a corporation is en entity comprised of individuals; they neither gain,
nor lose, any rights by virtue of their incorporation. In the same way, you
neither gain nor lose rights by virtue of your being a member of a HUGE
group or a group of one.

The effective result of this is that those who control corporations have

"double rights". If I run a corporation I have my
personal right of free speech, plus my corporation's right (which of

course is under my control).

You have the right you originally hold as an individual and your rights as
spokesman for the corporation derives from that right. Again, you are
neither gaining any rights, nor should you lose any.

Eric Law

"Matt Barrow" wrote in message

"Chris W" wrote in message news:Agqee.2401$cf5.1910@lakeread07...
I think the only way we are going to stop this kind of thing,
is for EVERY rights group to join forces and fight every stupid
political move or law that restricts the rights of any group.

How about fighting any law that restricts the rights of any INDIVIDUAL?

Groups don't have rights...only individuals.