Old August 10th 04, 11:13 AM
Paul Sengupta

"Ken Reed" wrote in message
link.net...
No disrespect intended to anyone, but those things were designed for
rich tiny people.

Huh ? A 'C' model Mooney is wider inside the cabin than a Cherokee 140
and identical in width to a Bonanza. The cabin isn't as tall as others,
but that's wasted space (and efficiency). You don't have to be ...
... tiny to fly a Mooney.

There is no room in them.

There's plenty of room in them. I have close to 1000 lb useful load too.

Well, from my perspective, having never sat in a Mooney, I would
probably not fit. For me, headroom is the problem. A 172 has plenty,
a PA-28 doesn't quite have enough. If you can move the seat all the
way down (some don't move) then there's just enough room in a
PA28 for a headset band between my head and the roof. In some
PA28s I seem to have a small gap between the headset band and
the roof, some I'm actually pressed up against the ceiling.

If the Mooney cabin isn't as tall as the PA28s, then I'd probably
not be able to fit.

I can't fit in most sports cars either. My mk.2 MR2's ok though.
(Jay, you didn't see me squeezed in to Brian's car, did you? :-) )

Paul