Old August 14th 14, 02:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler

Default David Mockler wins day 8 at 15m worlds!

This was a highly competitive day (good weather) and a high quality PURE ASSIGNED TASK! Winning speeds of 117 kph were among the highest speeds of the world championship. IMO, this day win was much more meaningful than if it came from a "watered down" or "compromised" Turn Area Task in poor (or good) weather.

Day it with me...."a real racing task!" It even says "Racing Task" on the top of the score sheet :-)!

Congratulations! I'm sure that he will never forget this amazing accomplishment in arguably the most competitive class in soaring! Bravo!

What a great moment for the US team!

Sean