Old February 25th 20, 06:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Ground Launch Training - Winch and Auto

On Monday, February 24, 2020 at 11:23:25 PM UTC-5, AS wrote:
On Monday, February 24, 2020 at 10:17:21 PM UTC-5, Jim S wrote:
It appears that Cross Country Soaring in MN performs winch launches and maybe training? Anybody else have any suggestions for glider clubs performing / offering training in ground launch?

The Carolina Soaring Association in Spartanburg, SC offers a winch clinic at least once a year.

Uli
'AS'

Hello Uli please keep us posted as when the next winch clinic will be, some of our club members participated to one of those a couple of years ago and it became one of the most recurring hangar talk so much we enjoyed it! Now we have several new members that would jump to that opportunity.