Old April 26th 08, 01:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
WingFlaps

Default Lancair crash at SnF

On Apr 26, 11:41*am, Steve Hix
wrote:
In article ,

*Stefan wrote:
WingFlaps schrieb:

In everyday's language, the word velocity stands for the _magnitude_ of
the vector.
Nope. Not even at high school. The magnitude is "speed".
Maybe where you live. Not where I live.
BS. This is stated in any basic physics text book -even Wiki knows it:
"In physics...The scalar absolute value (magnitude) of velocity is
speed."
What part of "everyday's language" wasn't clear?

I can see you have trouble with English too.

If my mediocre English is offending you, then feel free to converse in
German, French, Italian or Spanish with me. I know all those languages
better than English, which obviously isn't my native language. How many
languages do _you_ speak?

There are those who might argue that he doesn't actually speak any
competently.

Stefan was doing quite well actually, I realized that his problem was
in understanding that the magnitude of velocity is called speed. Do
you?

Cheers