Old April 26th 08, 01:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
WingFlaps

Default Lancair crash at SnF

On Apr 26, 12:37*pm, "Hilton" wrote:
Hi,

OK, too much noise here, let's just refrain from replying to personal
attacks shall we.

OK but sometimes you have to paint the troll for the peanut gallery.

Anyway, speed is the magnitude of the velocity vector. *In a constant speed
turn, speed is (obviously) constant, but the velocity is continuously
changing. *This is by definition. *It doesn't matter how you or anyone else
uses these terms. *Speed is just a number, Velocity is speed plus a
'direction' variable. *Since acceleration is the rate of change of velocity
(dv/dt), the above mentioned aircraft in the constant speed turn is
accelerating.

Yes. I just hope you don't have to explain it again and again like I
had to because it got really tedious.

Cheers