Old May 1st 08, 07:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Andy Hawkins

Default Help With My training

Hi,

In article ,
wrote:
One question I had for the instructors out there - what I seemed to find
more awkward than anything was steering the nose wheel using my feet on
the rudder pedals. The people in the control tower must have thought I
looked like a wounded bird taxing out to hold position before takeoff.
Is there some 'trick' to getting the hang of this, so often I would be
tempted to reach up and turn the control yoke but resisted the
temptation (due to its futility).

I'm not an instructor, but as a student myself I can say that you will get
the hang of it. Like any new skill, it's just a question of getting to grips
with it. Soon enough it becomes second nature.

Stick with it, and enjoy it!

Andy