Old May 1st 08, 08:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
WingFlaps

Default Help With My training

On May 2, 6:08*am, Gezellig wrote:

One question I had for the instructors out there - what I seemed to find
more awkward than anything was steering the nose wheel using my feet on
the rudder pedals. *The people in the control tower must have thought I
looked like a wounded bird taxing out to hold position before takeoff.
Is there some 'trick' to getting the hang of this, so often I would be
tempted to reach up and turn the control yoke but resisted the
temptation (due to its futility).

Some planes are worse (looser) than others. It may help to gently
apply pressure from both feet at the same time all the time -so both
legs are giving feedback as you steer. (You feel the pressure on the
other leg from the one pushing the rudder pedals). Hope this makes
sense. One other thing, ask you instrcutor if he's got his feet on the
pedals. Some are buggers for not letting go of control and are
pressing without realiizing. I had one who would give a huge rudder
kick everytime he shifted his ass on the seat!

Cheers