Old May 1st 08, 11:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
F. Baum

Default Help With My training

On May 1, 12:08*pm, Gezellig wrote:

One question I had for the instructors out there - what I seemed to find
more awkward than anything was steering the nose wheel using my feet on
the rudder pedals. *The people in the control tower must have thought I
looked like a wounded bird taxing out to hold position before takeoff.
Is there some 'trick' to getting the hang of this, so often I would be
tempted to reach up and turn the control yoke but resisted the
temptation (due to its futility).

G, As others have suggested, you arent the only one. I went through
about 12000 hours of only flying airliners and when I got back into
light plane flying (Big mistake to wait that long) one of my biggest
problems was steering with the feet again. There will be more awkward
stuff during your flight training . The hands in the lap thing works
fine. Good Luck,
Frank