Old May 30th 08, 11:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Steve Foley

Default CFI oral intel

"Michael Ash" wrote in message
In rec.aviation.student gatt wrote:
A question the examiner asked him: "You're flying cross-country and
trimmed at 110 knots. You die, and the engine quits. At what airspeed
will the aircraft strike the ground?"

In addition to all the other factors discussed, your airspeed will be
slightly lower than what you had trimmed due to the weight of your soul
departing the aircraft.

OK, so I don't really believe that, but I'd love to see what the guy would
say if you told him that answer!

Your airspeed may also be slightly lower due to the weight of the fuel that
has departed the aircraft (through the engine)