Old June 5th 08, 05:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
gatt[_5_]

Default CFI oral intel

Michael Ash wrote:

The original question specified "trimmed at 110 knots" which implies that
the autopilot is not engaged.

Correct. The question was asked about two weeks ago by the examiner in
an initial CFI oral. The simple answer that worked was "about 110
knots." I talked to the guy who passed the checkride yesterday. If he
had tried to give a more complicated answer and he was incorrect on
anything he said, he'd have been digging his own hole.

Instead, the examiner moved on and said "I'm a student and I was
supposed to study and prepare for pylon 8's but I didn't do my assigned
homework, so teach me from the beginning."

(My wife's pragmatic response would have been "Come back when you've
completed your assigned homework.")

Fortunately he had a lesson plan prepared on p-8's.

-c