Old June 6th 08, 03:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Michael Ash

Default CFI oral intel

On 2008-06-06, Michael Ash wrote:
In rec.aviation.student K l e i n wrote:
If this worked reliably, it would be taught as a standard technique
for inadvertant VFR into IFR excursions. Hey, just throttle to idle,
hands off and wait for VFR to appear. But....this is not what is
taught. Wonder why???

One reason that comes to mind is that you have no guarantee that the
ceiling under your IMC condition is high enough to allow for recovery.

...especially if there's cumulo-granite or cumulo-steel inside.

Just so.

Reading my own post it occurs to me that "IMC condition" is one of those
redundant uses of acronyms, like "ATM machine" or "PIN number". My
apologies for any annoyance this may have caused.

--
Mike Ash
Radio Free Earth