Old June 6th 08, 10:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
gatt[_5_]

Default I've had it.

Hilton wrote:
Bob Gardner wrote:

I hate cross-posting, but just this once I will give in to the temptation.
The rec.aviation newsgroups have become useless.

That's a little unfair, I'm here to learn as are many other people. I think
there are many pilots here wanting to teach, discuss, and learn, but people
insist on feeding the trolls and going off on tangents, both which dilute
the good information with noise.

Yeah. I suppose Bob has already left the building, but, you're right.
Right now I'm taking a break from writing CFI lesson plans, and all over
my desk I have the sources I've been using and referencing:

1. Aviation Instructor's Handbook, FAA-8083-9
2. Airplane Flying Handbook, FAA-8083-3A
3. ASA CFI Test Prep
4. 2008 FAR/AIM
5. Sporty's Training Course Outline
6. "The Flight Instructor's Manual" by William Kershner and
7. "Say Again Please - Guide to Radio Communications by Bob Gardner.

I've been thinking about punching out of r.a groups too because they've
become the new urban CB radio. That's my choice, but, it's a real
damned shame that the sheer volume juvenile behavior on this forum has
driven off yet another respected and recommended aviation expert, from
whom many of us have gained or could gain knowledge and proficiency.

I'm disappointed and disgusted. Any one of his posts might be more
useful to general aviation and pilots than the last four or five
thousand name-calling flamefest posts out here by a handful of people
who have sullied the forum's usefulness. It's one thing to have
flamewar or argument threads that people can choose to ignore, but when
the bickering inevitably spills over to every single discussion in the
forum, then the flame has spread from the fireplace to the whole house
and it can no longer serve its purpose. There are plenty of other forums
for yelling and insulting and acting like babies. Let's leave the fire
in the fireplace and the turds in the toilet and try to reserve this
forum for the discussion of aviation.

-C. Gattman
CP-ASEL-IA-AGI - CFI Candidate - Sim Geek - Student Pilot