Old July 4th 09, 11:20 PM posted to alt.disasters.aviation,rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_28_]

Default Our 27th Consecutive Oshkosh -- anyone else going?

"Jay Honeck" wrote in

Can't speak for Jay, but I'd be willing to bet a six pack that if
Maxwell
showed up with a smile instead of his usual crap, the guys might
even offer him a drink :-)

Always!

I've met some of the more infamous curmudgeons off this newsgroup (and
other chat groups), both at the hotel and at fly-ins. Without
exception, they've been TOTALLY different in-person than they are "in
writing". Maybe not outgoing and gregarious, but certainly not
unpleasant.

Written communication -- especially for those who choose to remain
anonymous -- often appears much harsher than those same words would
sound if spoken. It's something I must continually guard against,
since I tend to sound stuffy and boorish in writing, when we all know
I am debonair and classy in-person.

:-)

I don't know what Maxwell has against parties, or my signature line,
but I suppose without Bertie around maybe he's simply lonely...?

Missed you too, retard.

Bertie