Old February 10th 06, 11:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default A couple of questions about IPC

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
oups.com...
Actually, the pilot serving as PIC *is* a "required pilot" under the
regulations that apply to the flight;

If that were true with regard to 61.51(e) then this pilot would be able
to log PIC.

Not at all. Why do you say that? Being a required pilot does not entitle you
to log PIC time; that's not one of the three specified conditions in
61.51e1.

However, I cannot see how you can say he meets that
requirement...

61.51(e)...
(iii) Except for a recreational pilot, is acting as pilot in command of
an^M
aircraft on which more than one pilot is required under the type^M
certification of the aircraft or the regulations under which the flight
is^M
conducted.^M

How can you say this operation requires multiple crew members??

I *didn't* say that. In fact, I repeatedly said the opposite.

--Gary