Old February 26th 09, 09:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default 52/1 Performance in a 15M ship at half the weight.

This is an informative, important and well-written article, which
deserved to be published in "Soaring". However, IMHO, the chosen name
for this new glider is unfortunate. Not only is the term "Duck Hawk"
obsolete, the word "Duck" hardly imparts the intended image. A
totally unscientific questionnaire (my wife) revealed that the term
implies awkwardness. Checking my Sibley "Guide to Birds", there are
any number of North American birds whose name could be used. "Merlin"
comes to mind: "small, compact, powerful and very aggressive". Oh
well, just my 2 (devalued) cents worth.

Cheers, Charles