Old May 23rd 16, 09:01 PM
Walt Connelly Walt Connelly is offline
Senior Member

The No-Flight-Review=No-Solo-in-New-Category came about as an INTERPRETATION
that was issued by FAA, not a rule change. A minority voice asked for FAA to inspect the regs and answer their question. Had that not happened, we would have happily continued as before. The common sense should have been the step of not waking the sleeping dog . . . failed on that one. And FAA has indicated a willingness to resolve this by a prompt sensible act in rule changes.

Meanwhile, let's encourage refresher programs in training, and keep the accidents involving towpilots to a minimum. If we don't create an accident
rate due to this 'oversight'..... we won't get a new reg.

Cindy

--
Walt Connelly
[/quote]

I am currently reading 14 CFR Part 61. I have a headache and need some ice cream. Let's find that minority voice and silence him forever. (tongue in cheek)

Walt