Old September 13th 04, 05:27 PM
Greg Reid

"smjmitchell" wrote in message . au...

5. Galvanic corrosion .. magnesium is at -1.6 V and alumnium at -0.75 V on
the galvanic table. That is a big different. You definitely need something
to separate the two or the magnesium is going to get gobbled up !!

Interesting. Where might I information like this for making decisions
on what metals can be safely bolted together w/r/t galvanic corrosion?
At issue right now is whether it'll be OK to thread my brass
fuel-system finger strainers and fuel drains into aluminum blocks, but
other such questions will certainly come up in future.

Thanks,
Greg