Old September 16th 04, 02:18 AM
Richard Lamb

Dan Thomas wrote:

wrote in message ...
The bigger question is how much damage ($$$) did it do and who's responsible
for it? I'm sure that a $20 ignition switch used in an airplane costs $500, no?

-Cory

Justin H wrote:
: Thanks! All of you were correct. It appears to have never had a grounding
: strap. It does now! and the starter works alot better too!

: thanks again

That ground current may have traveled through control cables,
too, heating them and ruining the temper of the wire and melting any
plastic liners. Might be a good idea to make sure they're OK.

Dan

OR?
How about the braided steel cover on a fuel line!
Could be interesting.

I even had a real live braided ground cable between the engine case
adn the airframe.

But

My starter (mounted on the accessory case, instead of the engine case)
also found a lower resistance path thru the P lead.

So, my engine is now grounded at the _starter_, rather thatn the other
side if the engine block...

The stuff ya learn!

Richard