Old September 17th 19, 06:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Act now before your wings are defaced

Just curious, Bob.Â* Do you actually fly gliders?Â* What and where?

On 9/17/2019 11:00 AM, wrote:
On Tuesday, September 17, 2019 at 11:02:58 AM UTC-4, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:\
Dearest Bob: Several items stand out from your free thought association on RAS. First of all Canadians invented the cup to protect their balls, but it took another 70 years to consider a helmet for the head on top is important too! Second, troops that burnt down the White House were British regulars just off the Boats from Europe. The British general whom lead this raid was killed three weeks later by an American sniper in Baltimore. Forget Greenland, let's sharpie Canada, as the fifty-first state and name it Trumpland.

Darling Jonathan,

Yes, my thoughts are free, who would pay for this crap? But NO ONE wants to associate with me.

The cup preceded the goalie mask. REAL Goalies like Bower and Sawchuck saw stitches as badge of honour. Sawchuck had 400 stitches, 3 of which are in his EYEBALL.They took 80 bone chips out of his elbow one game. Johnny Bower was a wimp and only took 250 stitches. When goalies saw pucks coming at them so fast they could get to their balls through the esophagus or rectum as required, they invented the fibreglass mask. Honour be damned.

Canada was a British colony in 1814. Those troops were Canada's inhabitants. You know, like in Puerto Rico, they speak Spanish and are brown but they call themselves Americans for some reason. Or, California was once owned by Mexico, ... today we say those early residents were Californians, not Mexicans.

Same thing back in August 1814. "Canada" as a country did not exist BEFORE 1867. Just a colony. So 53 years earlier, the people living on the land we today call Canada happened to be British and French who were fighting to own all our miserable butts. Britain beat the French on the Plains of Abraham in 1759. You guys attacked Canada in 1812 and in retribution and to protect their future commonwealth, we snowshoed to Washington DC in our lumberjack jackets and burned your White House with a celebratory bong fire. We apologized and went home. In Tennis, 19 year Bianca Andreescu APOLOGIZED on I've TV from the court that she was sorry to beat 39 year old Serena bacause so many Americans came to see her win.

Get over it already. We beat you. Or did I miss your burning of 24 Sussex Drive, Juston's digs?

Just to save linking...

Quote: "In June 1812, the United States declared war on Great Britain, citing among its grievances the practice of removing sailors from American merchant ships and forcing them to serve in the British navy. The United States also took issue with a system of blockades and licenses designed to halt trade with Napoleonic France, and with Britain’s supposed foment of Native American unrest. Almost immediately thereafter, U.S. President James Madison approved a three-pronged assault against Canada. Many Americans believed the invasion would be a cakewalk, particularly since Britain was so distracted by the Napoleonic Wars in Europe. Former President Thomas Jefferson called the acquisition of Quebec a “mere matter of marching,” while Speaker of the House Henry Clay, a prominent war hawk, declared that the militiamen of Kentucky were capable of capturing Upper Canada (essentially modern Ontario) and Montreal without any assistance. “There was a lot of saber rattling going on,” said John R. Grodzinski, a history professor at the Royal Military College."

So, you could not beat Quebec or any real soldiers, and so we fought back and burned down your head office for ****s and giggles.

A sniper is such an honourable way to die, Instead of facing the enemy like a real man, he hid in a bush with an AK47 and let loose.

You already have a "51st state" and it is Puerto Rico. So I will pass on any suggestion we should be treated as they have by Trump. We have all the paper towels we need, we still grown tweets her for paper. I'd rather be an outright enemy to Trump and take his Tweets than to be an American in Puerto Rico taking his Tweets.

And besides ALL THAT, we now have "Sharp-off! eh?" ©️™ and you still do not have enough troops to conquer a large country like Canada. Check a map. If I drive to Florida, I can choose several routes and I will pass through a new state every few hours or less, and I am on the beach by the second evening.. BUT, if I want to visit Vancouver, I get in my car at 6:00 am, I scream out of my driveway on to the Trans Canada Highway, Route #1, and I drive flat out for 3 days JUST to get out of Ontario, my home province. THEN, I spend 3 more days to Vancouver. And another day to the west coast of Vancouver Island where the next land west is Japan. If instead I wanted to go east to Labrador and Newfoundland, I drive 2 days like a madman, wait for a ferry, take a 14 hour boat trip and THEN drive 2 days across Newfoundland.

And don't even ask about driving north. The plans for a highway in that direction are in committee. In the meantime we use ice roads and canoes. At our northern limit, 40% of Canada is in the Northwest Territories extending up to 83 degrees north. Alert is 47.5 miles NORTHwest of GREENLAND, Trump's wet dream. I repeat, to get to Canada's tip from Greenland one walks NORTHWEST.... yes, Hawaii is far away but it is WORTH the trip.

Canada is yuge. Yuger than you even. Our size is our defense. Besides, millions of Americans are NOT going to attack Celine Dion's country.

You try to invade us and we just do what we always do, we close the Trans Canada highway, there is ONLY one way across, for some new gravel and for re-tarring. Your tanks slide to a halt. And we eat you with mosquitoes and throw your carcasses to the moose and mountain lions and the beavers incorporate the bones into a dam to go fishing in.

We relax with gliding big fat aluminum gliders, 767's and A330's. The Gimli glider was a fully loaded Air Canada 767 that soared for 45 miles with 69 back seaters, a distance of 3,105 passenger/miles. No injuries, landed on a drag strip center rail. Then Air Transit took up the challenge and their A330 sailplane beat that doing 75 miles across a freaking ocean. With 306 people in the back seat. An astounding 22.950 passenger miles. NO injuries or loss of suntan time. Compare that to the passenger/miles in the OLC in America.

Your guy Sully tried to beat us and he took 152 people in back and got all of 3 miles south. And ALL his pax got wet and had to hire a water taxi. Canada geese took him down just for the irony of it. We also train beavers to build dams from human bones....

I can keep this up all day. Thanks for the challenges.

Eh?

Bob

--
Dan, 5J